Tuesday 28 April 2015

Magazine Evaluation: Question 2

How does your media product represent particular social group?
I think that my music magazine doesn't really represent a social group that much but I do think that people who are hipster or indie maybe attracted to my magazine. The reason why I think this is because they are all about listening to music that is unappreciated and is bored of the same old electrical beats.

The clothes that I made my model wear help me think about representing social groups.  I wanted to make sure that I had a pattern. I think that the flower pattern helped because my theme for my music magazine is acoustic/folk and this theme of music is all about the music being natural. Flowers are seen as being apart of nature so I wanted to connect my music to be striped back to its natural components. This links to my background because it is basic and that connects with the theme because it's about being basic to putting it together to make something beautiful.

Also, the colours that I used shows the calmer side of the social groups. The white, pink and green shows the lightness of the music and not always about being in you face but feeling the flow lead you there. When I used the red, it shows that sometimes acoustic music needs to have that attention because they have emotion that gets the audience to notice them, just like social want society to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment