Monday 27 April 2015

Magazine Evaluation: Question 1

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products? 

Front Page
For starters, when looking at my front page, I made sure that I had the normal traditional conventions of this media product and for this it's a music magazine. When I did my first attempt at a front cover, I realised that there was too mush going on as the bright colours of the background clashed with the white sell lines to had to start over. For my second attempt of my front page, I only had the title, slogan and sell lines. This looked very boring as most of the writing was in with and I didn't use the space on the page to make it seem like a real music magazine. However while making my improvements, I made sure that I made sure that I use the space around my page and the colour scheme that I made which is the white, green and pink yo use it around the page . An example of this is that I added pink and green box around some of the sell lines to make my audience know that are the important stories that are inside my magazine which made my front cover stand out more. I added a logo so that they know that when they see this symbol, they know its linked to "Natural Tones".

Contents Page 
For my contents, applied the conventions of having different images on my page. The reason for this is that I wanted to make it seem that those images are like the poster that my audience can have if their rooms. Also have the other content that will be in magazine followed by the page number to my audience know where go.

Double Page Spread
When creating my  double page spread, I made sure that I had one main image of my artist. This is because to make my artist seem like they are confident and they know what they are doing. This helps make may artist seem inspirational and my added a quote on what she has said in the interview make her seem wise. When constructing my interview, I made sure that it was going in columns just like a normal music magazine. I used the colour scheme of the pink to use for the background and the green for my logo (including the pink "NT" text).
I added a small introduction about my artist before my interview, this makes the audience what to get to know if they know the song and if they want to learn more about the artist being interviewed. When looking at my contents page, you can see that I have added red to make it stand out against the white and pink background.

No comments:

Post a Comment