Friday 12 December 2014

Magazine Development: Front Cover Pt 1:

This post will show you my progress through out the time making my music magazine front cover.


1) Masthead
In this screen shot, I am adding my masthead to the selected picture that I have chosen. This is one of the few font styles that I though of using it for my masthead and is in my pitch for DaFont.




The next step that I did was use the "Magic Wand Tool on on Photo Shop to get rid of the white box that is around my title. 

Now, I was able to use the "Paint Bucket Tool" to make my masthead top have a white colour to stand out against the colours background. the reason why I have chosen to using white because it stand out the best against the background.

2) Slogan

The slogan has the word 'not' in with a line through the word, in bold and in red because it's emphasis the idea the this magazine looks at music thats not electrical based of music.


3) Cover Change
After adding the sell lines and other text, I have realised that there are too much colours that are happening in the picture. Also due to the background, I have realised that it can be hard to read.


For these reason, I will be changing my front page cover to another picture that was in my Top 7. The picture that came second was picture 2 so that is the one that I will be using as an better front cover.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you've shown each step of your improvements, it shows that you've really worked hard to get what you wanted to achieve.

    ReplyDelete