Friday 3 October 2014

Mastheads, Fonts and Student Covers:

Today during media, we had a few task that we had to complete. The first task was to design three difference mastheads or have the same title but have difference styling of fonts. I decided to make three different masthead that could potentially be my heading for my school magazine cover.


These are the examples of masthead  that i sketched during that lesson. I really like the last "Stepping Up" because when you are in school, you always have to step up to the plate or you're going to get left behind. 

Now that I have an idea of what masthead that I would be using to create my school magazine cover, this would link to the second task that. The next task was that I had to go on a website called DaFont and they is where you can insert your word that you want to be customise in a range of fonts and styles.

                                                    


These are some of the images of the fonts that I might use for the masthead. I really like all of the different range of fonts so I might have to ask my classmates of what font style that will uses for the font cover of my school magazine.

Now, for the final task I had look at other AS Media magazine covers. This will help me get an idea of what things I should do while I'm making my school cover. Here are some examples that I was looking at.



           

       














By look at other students magazine cover, I have noticed that 3 out of 4 work really well because they have used a plain background which makes it clear to read the messages. When you look at the Focus school magazine, you can see that the person who made this cover had used a corridor for their background. By adding a lot of write on their cover makes it hard for someone to read because they is too much things that are going on on that page. Whereas the others have the only have fewer sentences on the page and in a suitable fonts and colour which makes it easy for the audience to read.
          

1 comment:

  1. No new comments for nearly 2 weeks!! You must update this regularly if you want more than a D or an E !

    ReplyDelete