Wednesday 15 April 2015

My "Interview" with Abigail West

Meet the new face of acoustic music, Abigail West. She is slowing take the world by storm with her number 1 single “Chasing Times” reaching all over Europe and some parts of America. We are lucky enough to be able to have a chance to get  and exclusive interview this new upcoming star.

It’s great to meet you Abigail, How are you feeling?
It’s nice to meet you guys too and I so feel great to be here

So tell us, How does it feel to have a 1# song around Europe and America?
Just so amazing, I don’t even know how to feel about waking up one morning, writing and record a song that suddenly is number 1 everywhere. I’m so grateful for all my fans who actually bought my song. It’s so un-real!  [laughs].

Your fanbase is growing at a rapid pace. Any thoughts and feelings?
The thought of having strangers who like my music and want to support me every step of the way still shocks me now. I remember when I was just a person with a small soundcloud account with hardly any fans to start with. I would find it lucky if I got more that 10 comments on my songs [smiles] and now due to this song release, I have people in their thousands really connecting my music is a big deal to me and I love it.

I know that there are many fans supporting you, we can clearly see that but are there any celebs joining the AB ship?
There have been some celebrities that seem to be enjoying my music. I can’t even believe that there are celebs enjoying MY music. I get their feedback mostly on twitter so I favourite them. Sam Smith, Adele and Jennifer Hudsun were some of them. To me the biggest one thatI still fangirl over is Years &Years! They gave me shout one about one of my songs being a can’t get out of my head tune and followed me back on twitter. I think I nearly dead of a heart attack.


Looks like you have a slight obsession on the Years & Years guys. Have you meet any crazy fan during your gigs? 
I haven’t really experienced a weird  fan yet but I’m looking forward to them. i know that my fans love to photoshop me with alll my celebrity crushes which can be really fun or really strange. [laughs]. I have came across some fans that warned me to stay away from the fanfiction. So I’m gonna take that advice and have a miss on the fanfictions.

So, how does it feel getting this successful and famous? 
I wouldn’t say that I have reached that point yet. I’m not famous or as successful as Beyounce. Being successful or famous is just like a lottery. What I mean is that some people make it, some people don’t. Some people get small breakthroughs, others big. I think it’s all about chance and kept going at it otherwise you won’t accomplish anything if you give up to easy. I know it can get really hard at times but just keep going and you will make it. The whole point of this is to make sure that you can’t give and just move forward with the right crowed with you for support.

Wow, they were some inspiring words of wisdom, where did you get your wisdom from?
My mum. She has always been there for me and always seem to know all the right thing to say to me when I’m going through a rough time. I don’t I would be here right now, if I hadn't a 
amazing mother like her. [smiles]





No comments:

Post a Comment