Wednesday 5 November 2014

Chosen Sub-Genre Music Magazine:

After thinking about what kind of music genre that I was going to do for my music magazine, I have finally come to the conclusion that I will be doing my magazine based off the genre of acoustic/folk. This genre was a little trick to find examples of music magazine covers that I liked but I was finally able to find two that I thought was suitable.













When looking at these two magazines front covers, you can see that the colour scheme, you can see that the editors of these magazine haven't used a lot of colours and really have dialled down the uses of colour to only use it for important mastheads and sub-heading. . This could be the reason why in the Acoustic Guitar front cover they have used the colour blue because it symbols with being a calm colour which can imply that the magazine should be read during their space time. Whereas in the Billboard front cover use white because it shows the music be pure and hearing the voice behind the music.I think this would relate to my genre because its about listening to the music that has instruments in the background and hearing the emotions behind the voices

In these two magazine they have a main image of an aspirational icons that are staring straight at the camera which attract their audience. This give the target audience a reason to buy their magazine because it makes seems that the artist is looking straight at them and tell them to read this magazine. This could help me when make my main image for my front cover becuase I should make sure that I have some shots that my model is looking at the camera so that it forms a connection with the audience. In addtion to this, like in the Acoustic Guitar cover, they have Ed Sheeran holding a guitar to tel the audience know is all about his music and sounds with that instrument. When making my front cover, I should have an instrument included in the main image becuase it links to my magazine genre which is acoustic music style.

1 comment:

  1. There is some great background research here but you do need to add in some audience research around your chosen sub genre

    ReplyDelete